Broadbridge Primary School Thursday 3rd September 2020 Note 1
Please note this is the last weekly note that will be issued in paper format. The weekly note will be published on the school website each Thursday.
Please visit https://broadbridgeprimaryschool.com/
|Day||Early Morning Club 8:00-8:45 a.m.||2:00 – 3:00 Club|
|Mon 7th Sept –
Fri 11th Sept
|Spaces are now available for children in the Early Morning Club and 2:00 – 3:00 Club (P1 & P2 Pupils)|
A very warm welcome back to everyone after a lengthy stay away. We are delighted to see the children back at school once more. This week has been challenging for everyone as we were unsure how the daily routine would work, we are making daily changes in school to ensure that the pupils and staff stay as safe as possible. We have met as a staff and discussed some changes that may be made to the arrival and departure of children to the school. Any changes made are in an attempt to make this daily routine run as smoothly as possible for us a school and you as a parent.
Dropping Children Off in the Morning – In an attempt to ease traffic congestion parents may drop children in the drop-off zone inside the school grounds PARENTS ARE ASKED NOT TO EXIT CARS. This is to ensure that the traffic flows freely for all. Only disabled badge holders and parents with young babies may enter the car-park to park.
Morning Drop Off
- Only Primary 1 and Primary 2 pupils may be walked to their external classroom door. No other adults may enter the school grounds unless they have business at the school office.
- All adults exiting the school must do so at Gate 1.
- Primary 1 2,3 and Miss Doherty’s Primary 4 pupils are to enter through Gate 2.
- Primary 4,5,6 and 7 pupils are to enter through Gate 3.
- The school will be open from 8:45 a.m. for all pupils.
- We would encourage as many pupils to walk/cycle to school as possible to minimise the traffic at the school. Alternatively, pupils should be dropped off at the far side of the ‘Blue Bridge’ and walk from there. We do not encourage anyone to drop off at the ‘Maxol’ as this is a place of business and not a drop off zone for our school.
- Gate 1 can only be used as an entrance for pupils using the ‘Blue Bridge’ as their drop off point.
- Parents dropping off inside the school grounds must not exit their cars.
- Early morning provision 8:00 a.m. – 8:45 a.m.
Afternoon Pick Up
- Adults should stand back from the gates and socially distance themselves from others. Please do not congregate in groups, adhere to the government guidance. Inform your child where you intend to be.
- Encourage older pupils to cycle/walk independently home.
- Primary 1 pupils will be picked up at 2:00 p.m. Miss Wade’s Class from Gate 1. Mrs Quinn’s class from Gate 3.
- PLEASE NOTE P1 Pupils may wait for an older sibling from P2 in the Master’s Hall and leave the school together at 2:15 p.m.
- Primary 2 pupils will be picked up at 2:15 p.m. Mrs Hueston’s from Gate 1. Mrs Tracey’s class from Gate 3.
- Primary 3 pupils use Gate 2 at 3:00 p.m.
- Primary 4 pupils use Gate 1 at 3:00 p.m.
- Primary 5 pupils use Gate 3 at 3:00 p.m.
- PLEASE NOTE P3, P4 & P5 Pupils may wait for an older sibling from P6/P7 in the Master’s Hall and leave the school together at 3:15 p.m.
- Primary 6 pupils use Gate 2 at 3:15 p.m.
- Primary 7 pupils use Gate 3 at 3:15 p.m.
- Children being picked up at the far side of the ‘Blue Bridge’ will use Gate 1. There will be a member of staff there to ensure that they are collected. If you are running late, your child will be returned to school and remain at the front office until collection.
- Kids Inn & Kids Cabin children will be collected at 2:15 and 3:15 p.m.
Please be aware of places of business i.e. Maxol & Maiden Detail Car Care and the residents in Coolafinney Meadows. Do not block their access and entrance routes. We would encourage as many parents as possible to wait at the far end of the “Blue bridge” but in particular parents of KS2 pupils. Children will be directed across the bridge. If parents are not there your child/ren will be returned to the school. This is a quicker exit route for those driving and reduces the traffic outside the school gates.
School Dinners – We have been sent a list of pupils that are entitled to free school meals by the Education Authority. There are many children that have been removed from last year’s list. It is important that parents reapply this year. If your child is not on this list unfortunately you are liable to pay until such time as we are informed by the department of your entitlement. The school dinners are currently priced at £2.60 per day, £13.00 for the week. We have forms in the office that must be completed ASAP or if you prefer this can be completed online. Please apply for free school meals if you feel that your child is entitled to them. The child does not even have to go to canteen. Each free school meal claimed and granted adds approximately £700 to the school budget. It also entitles the child to other benefits such as uniform grant, free music lessons and free entry for examinations. As a rough guide anyone earning less than £16,000 net a year is entitled to free school meals. At present canteen is only available to those availing of free school meals.
Peanut Free School – We have a number of pupils that have a severe allergy to nuts. Please do not pack any food products that contain traces of nuts in your child’s lunch box.
Spare Change of Clothing – Primary 1 and 2 pupils all require a change of clothing (trousers, t-shirt, underwear and socks) to be sent in. Please place in a plastic bag with your child’s name and leave on their coat hook.
Change of Shoes – Please send in a change of footwear for children to change into at break time and lunch time preferably an old pair that they can leave at school. Pupils should be wearing black shoes at all other times.
Consent Forms – Some pupils have received consent forms to be filled out. It covers several aspects of our curriculum and ways to share and celebrate your child’s learning and successes. It will help us to maintain your child’s health and wellbeing as well as giving us permission to include them in every aspect of school life. We will only ever ask you to fill out one of these consent forms in your child’s schooling, so it is important that you read it carefully. We would be grateful if you could read the information, sign each section and return the completed form to your child’s class teacher by Tuesday 8th September.
Planned Giving – Please find attached a ‘Planned Giving’ form. Thanks to all the families that already contribute on a monthly basis to the additional running costs of the school. We use this source of income to provide valuable resources and extra classroom assistants within our school to the benefit of all pupils. ‘Planned Giving’ is a charitable contribution that the school can claim tax back on, providing it is deemed as a donation/gift to the school and not as a payment for a service provided. We would encourage families to continue to contribute £5, £10+ monthly in the ‘Planned Giving’ scheme as your contribution helps towards the shortfall in our ever decreasing budget! Anyone wishing to sign up please complete the attached form or call into the school office for further information. Your help is greatly appreciated.
First Communion – The First Communion for Primary 5 pupils will take place on Saturday 12th September.
|10:00 a.m.||Miss Doherty’s/Mr Mc Closkey’s|
|11:30 a.m.||Miss Cusack’s/Mrs Henry’s|
|1:00 p.m.||Mrs Bradley’s/Mrs Mc Elhinney’s|
Only parents/guardians and siblings may attend. The children will get a more detailed note.
Finally! Please ensure that all contact details are correct at the school office. If in doubt ring the school office to confirm what we have on our system.