This Week’s Newsletter
Broadbridge Primary School Friday 2nd September 2022 Note 1
Please note there is a change to the school day. School will start at 9:00 a.m.
|Mon 12th Sept –
Fri 16th Sept
|Morning Club – 8:00-8:45||(£1 PER CHILD)|
|2-3PM Club – 2:00-3:00||(£2 PER CHILD)|
|Afterschool Club – 3:00-4:15||(£3 PER CHILD)|
Please note: All clubs must be booked in advance on the ParentPay App. The closing time for the 3:00-4:15 club is STRICTLY 4:15 PM, children must be collected before this time. If you feel that this cannot be managed or it will be at a rush, we would advise that you make alternative arrangements for after school care.
|Day||Activity||Time & Venue||Note|
|Cross-Country P5, 6, 7||3:00-4:15 At School||Be prepared for wet weather. Cross-Country, Gaelic.& Soccer players bring boots and trainers.|
|Tuesday 13th||Gaelic P5, 6, 7||3:00-4:15 At School|
|Wednesday 14th||Skill School P1 & P2||2:00-3:00 At School||Please pick up sharply after all activities.|
|Skill School P3 & P4||3:00-4:15 At School|
|Thursday 15th||Netball P5,6, 7||3:00-4:15 At School|
|Friday 16th||Soccer P5, 6, 7||3:00-4:15 At School|
Children doing Extra-Curricular Activities outside must have a change of footwear in case the venue changes due to weather conditions. All activities must be pre-booked on the ParentPay App with the exception of Skill School.
A very warm welcome back to everyone after the summer break. We are delighted to see the children back at school once more.
Dropping Children Off in the Morning – In an attempt to ease traffic congestion parents may drop children in the drop-off zone inside the school grounds PARENTS ARE ASKED NOT TO EXIT CARS. This is to ensure that the traffic flows freely for all. Only disabled badge holders and parents with young babies may enter the carpark to park.
Morning Drop Off
- Only Primary 1 and Primary 2 pupils may be walked to their external classroom door. No other adults may enter the school grounds unless they have business at the school office.
- Follow the directions for entering the school. All adults exiting the school must do so at Gate 1 or Gate 2.
- Primary 1, 2, 3 and & Primary 4 pupils are to enter through Gate 2.
- Primary 5, 6 and 7 pupils are to enter through Gate 3.
- All pupils are to make their way around the exterior of the school and enter the school at their classroom outdoor entrance. Pupils must wait until the bell rings at 8:45 a.m. before accessing the back of the school.
- The school will be open from 8:45 a.m. for all pupils, any pupil entering school before this time will be deemed to be using the Morning Club and charged accordingly.
- We would encourage as many pupils to walk/cycle to school as possible to minimise the traffic at the school. Alternatively, pupils should be dropped off at the far side of the ‘Blue Bridge’ and walk from there. We do not encourage anyone to drop off at the ‘Maxol’ as this is a place of business and not a drop off zone for our school.
- Gate 1 can only be used as an entrance for pupils using the ‘Blue Bridge’ as their drop off point.
Afternoon Pick Up
- Inform your child where you intend to be for pick up.
- Encourage older pupils to cycle/walk independently home.
- Primary 1 pupils will be picked up at 2:00 p.m. Miss Wade’s Class from Gate 1. Mrs Quinn’s class from Gate 1.
- Primary 2 pupils will be picked up at 2:00 p.m. Mrs Hueston’s from Gate 3 (Parents stand to the right of the gate as you face the school). Mrs Tracey’s from Gate 3. (Parents stand to the left of the gate as you face the school).
- Primary 3 pupils use Gate 1 at 3:00 p.m.
- Primary 4 pupils use Gate 2 at 3:00 p.m.
- Primary 5 pupils use Gate 2 at 3:00 p.m.
- Primary 6 pupils use Gate 3 at 3:00 p.m.
- Primary 7 pupils use Gate 3 at 3:00 p.m.
- Children being picked up at the far side of the ‘Blue Bridge’ will use Gate 1. There will be a member of staff there to ensure that they are collected. If you are running late, your child will be returned to school and remain at the front office until collection.
Please be aware of places of business i.e. Maxol & Maiden Detail Car Care and the residents in Coolafinney Meadows. Do not block their access and entrance routes. We would encourage as many parents as possible to wait at the far end of the ‘Blue Bridge’ but in particular parents of KS2 pupils. Children will be directed across the bridge. If parents are not there your child/ren will be returned to the school. This is a quicker exit route for those driving and reduces the traffic outside the school gates.
School Dinners – We have been sent a list of pupils that are entitled to free school meals by the Education Authority. There are many children that have been removed from last year’s list. It is important that parents reapply this year. If your child is not on this list unfortunately you are liable to pay until such time as we are informed by the department of your entitlement. The school dinners are currently priced at £2.60 per day, £13.00 for the week. We have forms in the office that must be completed ASAP or if you prefer this can be completed online. Please apply for free school meals if you feel that your child is entitled to them. The child does not even have to go to canteen. Each free school meal claimed and granted adds approximately £700 to the school budget. It also entitles the child to other benefits such as uniform grant, free music lessons and free entry for examinations. As a rough guide anyone earning less than £16,000 net a year is entitled to free school meals.
All Clothing – Please ensure all clothing and property is property labelled to enable us to return lost property to its rightful owner.
Spare Change of Clothing – Primary 1, 2 & 3 pupils all require a change of clothing (trousers, t-shirt, underwear and socks) to be sent in. Please place in a plastic bag with your child’s name and leave on their coat hook.
Change of Shoes – Please send in a change of footwear for children to change into at break time and lunch time preferably an old pair that they can leave at school. Pupils should be wearing black shoes at all other times. Trainers are needed for PE times.
Planned Giving – Please find attached a ‘Planned Giving’ form. Thanks to all the families that already contribute on a monthly basis to the additional running costs of the school. We use this source of income to provide valuable resources and extra classroom assistants within our school to the benefit of all pupils. ‘Planned Giving’ is a charitable contribution that the school can claim tax back on, providing it is deemed as a donation/gift to the school and not as a payment for a service provided. We would encourage families to continue to contribute £5, £10+ a month into the ‘Planned Giving’ scheme as your contribution helps towards the shortfall in our ever decreasing budget! Anyone wishing to sign up please complete the attached form or call into the school office for further information. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Primary 7 Testing – The deadline for registration for the AQE and GL tests is Friday 23rd September. Please register ASAP. Advice can be given in school on the registration process but we cannot register children for the test.
Finally! Please ensure that all contact details are correct at the school office. If in doubt ring the school office to confirm what we have on our system.