Broadbridge Primary School Thursday 24th September 2020 Note 4
|Day||Early Morning Club 8:00-8:45 a.m.||2:00 – 3:00 Club|
|Mon 28th Sept – Fri 2nd Oct||Spaces are now available for children in the Early Morning Club and 2:00-3:00 Club (P1 & P2 Pupils). Please contact the office to book a place.|
- COVID-19 Update – Parents are reminded that the school must have an immediate contact telephone number and email address should the need arise in the coming months. Please forward to email@example.com stating also your child/ren’s class.
- We are slowly reducing the volume of traffic arriving at the school. We would encourage pick up across the ‘Blue Bridge’. Please be mindful of the houses in this area and the business, that their entrances and exits are not blocked at any time. All Blue Bridge walkers must leave by Gate 1.
- Well done to the increasing number of walkers and cyclists that complete the daily route to and from school, we have really noticed the reduction in cars around the school due to this.
- Only one pick up should be made at the 2:00 p.m. time and 3:00 p.m. time. If you have children in both P1 & P2 then pick up is at the latter time of 2:15 p.m. Your child will be brought to the ‘Master’s Hall’ to wait on their sibling. Likewise, if a Primary 3/4/5 pupil that has a sibling in P6/7 should wait in the ‘Master’s Hall’ for their sibling to finish at 3:15 p.m. (No adults should be waiting at the pick-up points for that 15-minute period)
- Adults are reminded that they must maintain a social distance at the gates of the school. We would encourage the use of masks at these points due to the large gatherings at any one time!!!!
Bike to School Week – Bike to School Week runs from Monday 28th September to Friday 2nd October 2020.
- Challenge your friends and family to join you
- Enjoy exploring new routes to and from school
- Help the environment by replacing a car journey
- Improve air quality and reduce congestion
- Parents can visit www.sustrans.org.uk/btswcomp to join in the fun , celebrate cycling to school and the benefits of travelling actively for children. A flyer with competition details is attached.
Primary 1 Photographs – The school photographer will be in school on Monday 28th September to photograph Primary 1 pupils.
N.I Water – Thanks to Anna Killen from Northern Ireland Water for her presentation online this morning, teaching all the children the importance of saving water in our homes and at school. They have donated a water bottle to every child in the school, to encourage reusing and reducing single use plastic.
Planned Giving – Thanks once again to all the parents/guardians for signing up to our planned giving appeal. This year more than ever we are depending on parental support to fund additional materials for the classroom, outside play facilities and classroom assistant support. If you are considering signing up please complete the attached form or alternatively call into the office for a form, your help is greatly appreciated.
Slaughtmanus GAA – U6-U8-U10-U12 @ Campsie Indoor Football Facility Thursday 24th September 6:00-7:00 p.m.
Faughanvale GAA– Primary Programme starts Friday 25th September at the Vale Centre for all Nursery and P1 children 6:00-6:40 p.m. P2 children 6:45-7:25 p.m. Everyone welcome. £1 per child.