Broadbridge Primary School Thursday 9th September 2021 Note 1
Please note this is the ONLY WEEKLY NOTE that will be issued in paper format this year. The weekly note will be published on the school website each Thursday https://broadbridgeprimaryschool.com/ and emailed to parents each week.
|Mon 13th Sept –
Fri 17th Sept
|Morning Club – 8:00-8:45||(£1 PER CHILD)|
|2-3PM Club – 2:00-3:00||(£2 PER CHILD)|
|Afterschool Club – 3:00-5:00||(£5 PER CHILD)|
Please note: All clubs must be booked in advance on the ParentPay App. The closing time for the 3:00-5:00 club is STRICTLY 5.00 PM, children must be collected before this time. If you feel that this cannot be managed or it will be at a rush, we would advise that you make alternative arrangements for after school care.
|Day||Activity||Time & Venue||Note|
|Monday 13th||Cross-Country P5, 6, 7||3:00-4:15 At School||Be prepared for wet weather. Cross-Country, Gaelic.& Soccer players bring boots and trainers.|
|Wednesday 15th||Skill School P1 & P2||2:00-3:00 At School||Please pick up sharply after all activities.|
|Skill School P3 & P4||3:00-4:15 At School|
|Thursday 16th||Netball P6, 7||3:00-4:15 At School|
|Gaelic P5, 6, 7|
|Friday 17th||Soccer P5, 6, 7||3:00-4:15 At School|
Children doing Extra-Curricular Activities outside must have a change of footwear in case the venue changes due to weather conditions.
All activities must be pre-booked on the ParentPay App with the exception of Skill School.
A very warm welcome back to everyone after the summer break. We are delighted to see the children back at school once more. The first two weeks of school have been challenging for everyone as we were unsure how the daily routine would work, we are making daily changes in school to ensure that all pupils and staff stay as safe as possible.
Dropping Children Off in the Morning – In an attempt to ease traffic congestion parents may drop children in the drop-off zone inside the school grounds PARENTS ARE ASKED NOT TO EXIT CARS. This is to ensure that the traffic flows freely for all. Only disabled badge holders and parents with young babies may enter the carpark to park.
Morning Drop Off
- Only Primary 1 and Primary 2 pupils may be walked to their external classroom door. No other adults may enter the school grounds unless they have business at the school office.
- Follow the directions for entering the school all adults exiting the school must do so at Gate 1.
- Primary 1, 2, 3 and & Primary 4 pupils are to enter through Gate 2.
- Primary 5, 6 and 7 pupils are to enter through Gate 3.
- All pupils are to make their way around the exterior of the school and enter the school at their classroom outdoor entrance. Pupils must wait until the bell rings at 8:45 a.m. before accessing the back of the school.
- Pupils must sanitize their hands on entering the school building at the stations provided or use their own personal product.
- The school will be open from 8:45 a.m. for all pupils, any pupil entering school before this time will be deemed to be using the Morning Club and charged accordingly.
- We would encourage as many pupils to walk/cycle to school as possible to minimise the traffic at the school. Alternatively, pupils should be dropped off at the far side of the ‘Blue Bridge’ and walk from there. We do not encourage anyone to drop off at the ‘Maxol’ as this is a place of business and not a drop off zone for our school.
- Gate 1 can only be used as an entrance for pupils using the ‘Blue Bridge’ as their drop off point.
Afternoon Pick Up
- Adults should stand back from the gates and socially distance themselves from others. Please do not congregate in groups and adhere to the government guidance.
- Inform your child where you intend to be for pick up.
- Encourage older pupils to cycle/walk independently home.
- Primary 1 pupils will be picked up at 2:00 p.m. Miss Wade’s Class from Gate 1. Mrs Quinn’s class from Gate 2.
- Primary 2 pupils will be picked up at 2:00 p.m. Mrs Hueston’s from Gate 3 (Parents stand to the right of the gate as you face the school). Miss Simpson’s from Gate 3. (Parents stand to the left of the gate as you face the school).
- Primary 3 pupils use Gate 1 at 3:00 p.m.
- Primary 4 pupils use Gate 2 at 3:00 p.m.
- Primary 5 pupils use Gate 2 at 3:00 p.m.
- Primary 6 pupils use Gate 3 at 3:00 p.m.
- Primary 7 pupils use Gate 3 at 3:00 p.m.
- Children being picked up at the far side of the ‘Blue Bridge’ will use Gate 1. There will be a member of staff there to ensure that they are collected. If you are running late, your child will be returned to school and remain at the front office until collection.
Please be aware of places of business i.e. Maxol & Maiden Detail Car Care and the residents in Coolafinney Meadows. Do not block their access and entrance routes. We would encourage as many parents as possible to wait at the far end of the “Blue bridge” but in particular parents of KS2 pupils. Children will be directed across the bridge. If parents are not there your child/ren will be returned to the school. This is a quicker exit route for those driving and reduces the traffic outside the school gates.
School Dinners – We have been sent a list of pupils that are entitled to free school meals by the Education Authority. There are many children that have been removed from last year’s list. It is important that parents reapply this year. If your child is not on this list unfortunately you are liable to pay until such time as we are informed by the department of your entitlement. The school dinners are currently priced at £2.60 per day, £13.00 for the week. We have forms in the office that must be completed ASAP or if you prefer this can be completed online. Please apply for free school meals if you feel that your child is entitled to them. The child does not even have to go to canteen. Each free school meal claimed and granted adds approximately £700 to the school budget. It also entitles the child to other benefits such as uniform grant, free music lessons and free entry for examinations. As a rough guide anyone earning less than £16,000 net a year is entitled to free school meals.
All Clothing – Please ensure all clothing and property is property labelled to enable us to return lost property to its rightful owner.
Spare Change of Clothing – Primary 1, 2 & 3 pupils all require a change of clothing (trousers, t-shirt, underwear and socks) to be sent in. Please place in a plastic bag with your child’s name and leave on their coat hook.
Change of Shoes – Please send in a change of footwear for children to change into at break time and lunch time preferably an old pair that they can leave at school. Pupils should be wearing black shoes at all other times. Trainers are needed for PE times.
Planned Giving – Please find attached a ‘Planned Giving’ form. Thanks to all the families that already contribute on a monthly basis to the additional running costs of the school. We use this source of income to provide valuable resources and extra classroom assistants within our school to the benefit of all pupils. ‘Planned Giving’ is a charitable contribution that the school can claim tax back on, providing it is deemed as a donation/gift to the school and not as a payment for a service provided. We would encourage families to continue to contribute £5, £10+ a month into the ‘Planned Giving’ scheme as your contribution helps towards the shortfall in our ever decreasing budget! Anyone wishing to sign up please complete the attached form or call into the school office for further information. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Miss Doherty Retirement – Miss Doherty has retired from teaching after 42 years’ service to the parish. She spent the first 5 years of her teaching career in Craigbrack school before moving to Broadbridge Primary School for the past 37 years! Miss Doherty’s dedication to the job and commitment to the education of the children in the parish was clearly evident in her daily routine at our school. She requested a quiet send-off marking the occasion herself by buying everyone in the school an ice-cream last Friday. She will be greatly missed in the school by both staff and pupils. We wish her many happy years in her retirement- it really is a well-deserved break!
Fr P Mullan – Fr P Mullan retired Parish priest and former Chair of the Governors of Broadbridge Primary School, sadly passed away on Thursday 2nd September 2021. He will be sadly missed by our whole school community and the parishioners of Faughanvale & Lower Cumber whom he served for twenty-four years. May he rest in peace.
Primary 7 Testing – The deadline for registration for the AQE and GL tests is Friday 24th September. Please register ASAP. Advice can be given in school on the registration process but we cannot register children for the test.
Finally! Please ensure that all contact details are correct at the school office. If in doubt ring the school office to confirm what we have on our system.