Broadbridge Primary School Thursday 17th September 2020 Note 3
|Early Morning Club 8:00-8:45 a.m.
|2:00 – 3:00 Club
|Mon 21st Sept – Fri 28th Sept
|Spaces are now available for children in the Early Morning Club and 2:00-3:00 Club (P1 & P2 Pupils). Please contact the office to book a place.
COVID-19 – Dear Parents and Carers, due to a rise in positive cases of Covid-19 across Northern Ireland we would ask for the following information if a parent takes their child to be tested for Covid-19. Please take the following steps:
- Inform the school straight away that you are taking your child to be tested, even if you are doing this just for peace of mind or as a precaution.
- Inform the school if you or a member of your extended family is taking the Covid-19 test as they may have been in contact with your child.
- Please forward the result (negative or positive) sending to email@example.com, this is totally confidential and only visible to office staff.
- If your child tests NEGATIVE, they may return to school providing they have not had a fever for 48 hours and have not been advised to self-isolate by the PHA.
- If your child tests POSITIVE, DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD TO SCHOOL. Inform the school immediately. Self-isolate for at least 10 days as advised by the PHA.
Many parents are worried about what happens if a child in their child’s class tests positive: to date this has not happened. Rest assured that if it does you will be informed BY THE SCHOOL IMMEDIATIATELY. The school will then follow guidelines from PHA. Thank you once again for your co-operation with this matter.
Bike to School Week – This is a great opportunity to promote the positive impact that an active lifestyle can have on pupils’ wellbeing and health. Bike to school week will take place between 28th September and 2nd October. Parents can visit www.sustrans.org.uk/btswcomp to join in the fun , celebrate cycling to school and the benefits of travelling actively for children. A flyer with competition details is attached.
First Holy Communion – Congratulations to the boys and girls who made their First Communion on Saturday and who behaved so well on the day. Our thanks to Fr McDermott who delivered each of the three ceremonies. A special word of thanks to Brian McCloskey and Gerry Cunningham for helping with the ceremonies. Thanks to all of the parents for their co-operation on the day. Finally, a word of thanks to all the staff of our school who worked so well together to ensure the day was such a happy and memorable occasion for all.
Roots of Empathy – We are looking for 3 children and their parents to participate in Roots of Empathy. This programme will start in January at school. Baby needs to be between 5/6 months at this stage. Please contact the school office and leave details if you are interested.
Faughanvale GAA – The entry box for the target wall competition is located at the office. Please note this competition will close on Wednesday 23rd September.