This Week’s Newsletter
Broadbridge Primary School Thursday 27th May 2021 Note 27
Diary: School Holidays – The school will be closed for the Bank Holiday on Monday 31st May 2021.
COVID-19 Update – Parents are reminded that the school must be contacted if there is a positive case in your household. Please ring 7181 0520 or email email@example.com stating your child/ren’s class and a brief outline of the case.
Adults are reminded that they must maintain a social distance at the gates of the school. We would encourage the use of masks at these points due to the large gatherings at any one time!
|Day||Activity||Time & Venue||Note|
|Thu 3rd June||Gaelic P4,5,6,7||3:00-4:15 At School||All Sessions outdoors.
Be prepared for wet weather!
|Pupils MUST be booked (Before 8:45 a.m. on day of activity) through ParentPay ONLY
in order to attend. Cost £2:00 per child
Primary 1 Admissions September 2021 – Parents who have a child starting Primary 1 in September please join the new Google Classroom that has now been set up for them. It has all the information they need regarding their child starting school in September. The code is 523tlvi. The outdoor play sessions for the new Primary 1 pupils will continue next Tuesday (Strathfoyle Nursery, Greysteel Playgroup and Mullabuoy Pre-school Centre) 2:15 – 2:55 p.m. Please do not come into the school grounds for collection. Your child will be brought to Gate 1 at this time.
ParentPay – Further information on the following page.
NSPCC – Please see attached a letter regarding the NSPCC’s Speak out. Stay safe. online programme which all children will be participating in during the month of June at school. There are activities that parents/guardians can do at home. Please follow the links to access content which will be taught.
Primary 4 First Confession – Primary 4 pupils will make their First Confession at school on the morning of Tuesday 1st June with Fr Mc Dermott.
First Communion – Primary 4 pupils will be making their First Communion on Saturday 19th June at 10:00 a.m. in Star of The Sea.
Confirmation – Primary 7 pupils will be making their Confirmation on Thursday 24th June at 2:00 p.m. in Star of The Sea.
Faughanvale Credit Union – Faughanvale Credit Union are very pleased to be restarting the School Savings Scheme in partnership with Broadbridge Primary School in September 2021. All information and forms will be provided for every pupil at the beginning of September. We look forward to getting our junior members back to regular savings.
Parents’ Classes – Week 3 of Parents’ classes for the parents of Primary 6 pupils preparing for the transfer test continue tonight at 8:00 p.m. Parents who have registered have been emailed information on how to access the class. Never too late to join in!
Primary 1 Admissions September 2021 – Please confirm at the school office that your child will be attending Broadbridge Primary School in September 2021 if you have not already done so, alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org confirming acceptance.
Faughanvale GAA Bingo! – Every Friday from 8:00 p.m. Don’t miss out get your books now. 8 games and a bigger jackpot. Please key in the link below to purchase your single book (£10) or double book (£15) http://bit.ly/ValeVBingo.
Slaughtmanus GAA Boys and Girls Gaelic – Age 4-13 Wednesday 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. Cost £1 – “A great way for the kids to make friends learn new skills, self-discipline and confidence.”
We would like to remind parents of the following points when using the ParentPay system:
- ALL bookings for School Meals, Morning Club, 2-3 p.m. Club and Extra-curricular activities MUST be made and paid for via ParentPay in advance of the date of the event. Retrospective payments should only be made in exceptional circumstances.
- Bookings must be made by 8:45 a.m. on the day you would like to use a service (with the exception of Morning Club which must be booked the day before). Please note bookings can be made up to 3 weeks in advance.
- Please ensure that when booking Extra-curricular activities for your child, e.g. Gaelic or netball, that you make the payment for the correct activity and date. Activities for the incoming week will be uploaded onto the system on a Monday morning ready to be paid for as needed.
- When a new activity is added to the system a notification will be marked against your child’s record to show it is available, this is not a bill. The item will be removed when the activity is ready to be archived i.e. when all payments have been made.
- When making payments, we would ask parents not to use the bank transfer option if at all possible as this can take up to 10 working days to register and clear with your bank and on the ParentPay system as compared to a payment made using a bank card which registers within a few hours. Bank transfer payments cause a delay if a refund is required in the event that a child is sick and has been booked in.
We would ask parents to check their ParentPay account periodically to ensure that there are no outstanding balances against their account. If there are any outstanding balances at the month’s end, parents will be notified at the beginning of following month by letter.
There are still a number of families who have not activated their account on the system. If you need an additional activation letter or if you need to support in setting up your account, please contact the school office and we will help you in any way we can. Please note going forward this will be the only method of payment available at the school.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!