Broadbridge Primary School Thursday 4th March 2021 Note 18
Diary: School Holidays – Wednesday 17th March – School Closed for St. Patrick’s Day.
The school will NOT be closed on the 18th & 19th March as originally planned.
- COVID-19 Update – Parents are reminded that the school must be contacted if there is a positive case in your household. Please ring 7181 0520 or email firstname.lastname@example.org stating your child/ren’s class and a brief outline of the case.
- Adults are reminded that they must maintain a social distance at the gates of the school. We would encourage the use of masks at these points due to the large gatherings at any one time!
School Return Arrangements Primary 1-3 & Key Worker Pupils
A very warm welcome back to everyone in P1- P3. We are delighted to see the children back at school once more. At present we are having to follow Government guidance. The guidance states P1-P3 pupils will return to school Monday 8th March-Friday 19th March. They will then return to online remote learning from Monday 22nd March until the Easter break. Primary 1-3 will then return to school for full-time face-to-face teaching after the Easter holidays. There is no planned return at present for Primary 4-7.
For those year groups returning to school, our emphasis will be on supporting the children to reconnect socially, build positive relationships and engage enthusiastically with learning as they return to the school environment. We will have a balanced day, where children feel able to reconnect with school and with each other. For that matter we will be providing children with the opportunities to be actively involved in practical and challenging play-based learning in a stimulating environment. The children’s emotional health and well-being is our priority.
Please ensure that your child is provided with the necessary clothing that will enable them to play outdoors regardless of the weather.
Dropping Children Off in the Morning – In an attempt to ease traffic congestion parents may drop children in the drop-off zone inside the school grounds PARENTS ARE ASKED NOT TO EXIT CARS. This is to ensure that the traffic flows freely for all. Only disabled badge holders and parents with young babies may enter the carpark to park. All adults entering the school grounds must wear a face mask.
Please read the information below and follow when dropping off and picking up.
Morning Drop Off
- Only Primary 1 and Primary 2 pupils may be walked to their external classroom door. No other adults may enter the school grounds unless they have business at the school office.
- All adults exiting the school must do so at Gate 1.
- Primary 1 2, 3 pupils are to enter through Gate 2.
- Primary 4, 5, 6 and 7 (Key Worker Pupils) are to enter through Gate 3. (All Key Worker pupils must access the school by the main front door at reception.)
- The school will be open from 8:45 a.m. for all pupils. Early morning provision 8:00 a.m.-8:45 a.m.
- We would encourage as many pupils to walk/cycle to school as possible to minimise the traffic at the school. Alternatively, pupils should be dropped off at the far side of the ‘Blue Bridge’ and walk from there. We do not encourage anyone to drop off at the ‘Maxol’ as this is a place of business and not a drop off zone for our school.
- Gate 1 can only be used as an entrance for pupils using the ‘Blue Bridge’ as their drop off point.
- Parents dropping off inside the school grounds must not exit their cars.
Afternoon Pick Up
- Adults should stand back from the gates and socially distance themselves from others. Please do not congregate in groups, adhere to the government guidance. Inform your child where you intend to be.
- Encourage older pupils to cycle/walk independently home.
- Primary 1 pupils will be picked up at 2:00 p.m. Miss Wade’s Class from Gate 1. Mrs Quinn’s class from Gate 3.
- PLEASE NOTE P1 Pupils may wait for an older sibling from P2 in the Master’s Hall and leave the school together at 2:15 p.m.
- Primary 2 pupils will be picked up at 2:15 p.m. Mrs Hueston’s from Gate 1. Mrs Tracey’s class from Gate 3.
- Primary 3 pupils use Gate 2 at 3:00 p.m.
- Primary 4 & 5 (Key Worker Pupils) use Gate 1 at 3:00 p.m.
- Primary 6 & 7 (Key Worker Pupils) use Gate 3 at 3:00 p.m.
- Children being picked up at the far side of the ‘Blue Bridge’ will use Gate 1. There will be a member of staff there to ensure that they are collected. If you are running late, your child will be returned to school and remain at the front office until collection.
Primary 4-7 Pupil Arrangements
Primary 4 -7 pupils will continue with remote online learning. Their teachers will continue to use Google Classroom as their platform for teaching and learning. It is important that children continue to engage with their class on a daily basis. The packs for the next 2-week period for P4-P7 pupils will be ready for collection from 11:00 a.m. tomorrow Friday 5th March. The school will remain open until 5:00 p.m. tomorrow to facilitate pick up. Please follow the one-way system in place when entering and leaving the school.
SCHOOL MEAL PROVISION 8 – 26 MARCH 2021 Guidance from the Department of Education
Subject to Department of Finance approval, direct payments in lieu of free school meals will be made in respect of pupils in year groups that are not required to attend school and continue to learn remotely from home. Where pupils are required to attend school, school meals services will operate as normal.
Direct payments in lieu of free school meals will not be made in respect of pupils in year groups (P1-P3) that are required to attend school as these pupils will receive free school meals at school for the period they are required to attend. Those required to attend but who are unable to do so, on medical or PHA advice, for Covid-19 related reasons (e.g. self-isolation) should be offered a food parcel as was the position from September – December 2020.
Free school meals should not be provided to key workers’ children entitled to free school meals when at school for supervised learning as their parents will receive a direct payment. Any pupil at school who wishes may purchase a meal where school meals services are operating as normal for the period pupils are required to attend, otherwise they should bring a packed lunch.
School Meal Payments – From Monday 8th March all payments for school meals must be made via the ParentPay site. Please do not send cash to school for dinner.
Post Primary Admissions – This year Primary 7 parents will be able to make an application online between 12 noon on Monday 1st March 2021 and 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday 16th March 2021. Please use the following link https://admissions.eani.org.uk/postprimary/Register
World Book Day – At the request of many parents this has been postponed until later in the year so that all pupils may actively participate in the planned activities.