Returning to school.
Thursday 13th August 2020
I hope you and your family are well and have had an enjoyable summer to date. My apologies in the delay of relaying information to parents. However, we have only been issued with guidance this morning on the ‘New School Day’ from the Department of Education. Our school will reopen on Monday 24th August for Primary 7 pupils. Primary 1 pupils will have their induction from Wednesday 26th August onward. There will be a full school return on Tuesday 1st September. To do this safely for all pupils, staff and parents please read the following guidance, this must be adhered to strictly for the safety of the whole school community.
Morning Drop Off
- Only Primary 1 and Primary 2 pupils may be walked to their external classroom door. No other adults may enter the school grounds unless they have business at the school office.
- Follow the directions for entering the school all adults exiting the school must do so at Gate 1.
- Primary 1 2,3 and Miss Doherty’s Primary 4 pupils are to enter through Gate 2.
- Primary 4,5,6 and 7 pupils are to enter through Gate 3.
- All pupils are to make their way around the exterior of the school and enter the school at their classroom outdoor entrance.
- Pupils must sanitize their hands on entering the school building at the stations provided or use their own personal product.
- The school will be open from 8:45 a.m. for all pupils.
- We would encourage as many pupils to walk/cycle to school as possible to minimise the traffic at the school. Alternatively, pupils should be dropped off at the far side of the ‘Blue Bridge’ and walk from there. We do not encourage anyone to drop off at the ‘Maxol’ as this is a place of business and not a drop off zone for our school.
- Gate 1 can only be used as an entrance for pupils using the ‘Blue Bridge’ as their drop off point.
- Parents dropping off inside the school grounds must not exit their cars.
- Early morning provision 8:00 a.m. – 8:45 a.m. We may be able to facilitate this in a limited capacity. You must contact the school office to book a place from 24th August onward, 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Pupils must wear a full clean school uniform.
- Children should bring a coat to school for outdoor play and break time.
- School bags & pencil cases are not needed at present.
- Please provide footwear for outside play that can remain in school for the foreseeable future.
- Break times and lunch times will be staggered throughout the day.
- The school canteen will only be available for pupils on Free School Meals.
- Lunch should be brought to school in a lunch box, all packaging should be returned home. Food waste can be disposed of at school.
- Children will be encouraged to wash and sanitize their hands on a regular basis throughout the day.
Afternoon Pick Up
- Adults should stand back from the gates and socially distance themselves from others. Please do not congregate in groups, adhere to the government guidance.
- Inform your child where you intend to be for pick up.
- Encourage older pupils to cycle/walk independently home.
- Primary 1 pupils will be picked up at 2:00 p.m. Miss Wade’s Class from Gate 1. Mrs Quinn’s class from Gate 3.
- Primary 2 pupils will be picked up at 2:15 p.m. Mrs Hueston’s from Gate 1. Mrs Tracey’s class from Gate 3.
- Primary 3 pupils use Gate 2 at 3:00 p.m.
- Primary 4 pupils use Gate 1 at 3:00 p.m.
- Primary 5 pupils use Gate 3 at 3:00 p.m.
- Primary 6 pupils use Gate 2 at 3:15 p.m.
- Primary 7 pupils use Gate 3 at 3:15 p.m.
- Children being picked up at the far side of the ‘Blue Bridge’ will use Gate 1. There will be a member of staff there to ensure that they are collected. If you are running late, your child will be returned to school and remain at the front office until collection.
There will be no 2:00 -3:00 club, no after school club nor will there be extra-curricular activities at present.
Your child at school.
- IF YOUR CHILD IS DISPLAYING ANY COVID-19 SYMPTOMS THEY MUST NOT ATTEND SCHOOL.
- Before the restart talk to your child about the importance of washing and sanitising hands on a regular basis.
- We will be trying to minimise the touching of hard surfaces therefore where possible doors will remain open during the day.
- Your child must remain in the ‘Bubble’ of their own class, unfortunately they cannot mix with pupils from other classes.
- If they complain at school of feeling unwell their temperature will be taken and parents will be contacted immediately.
- It is important that all contact details are amended at the school office if there has been changes to telephone numbers, home address etc. during the summer months.
- A more detailed guidance for parents is available on the Department of Education website. education-ni.gov.uk
- Parents are advised to check their child’s Google Classroom as updates will be posted there.
I hope that this helps in some way towards planning for the restart to school. Please be assured of our commitment to your child’s safety and education. As restrictions ease, parents will be notified of any changes. Take care and enjoy the rest of the holidays.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!